Page 102 of 102 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1020

Thread: What are you reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Clinton Adolph Seeber View Post
    I have just one chapter to go to finish that novel. It has some good drugs in it - the kind that I wish we had in this world. What? You don't like good drugs?
    I've tried most of the big names. Can't say any have stuck except my weed.

I just started reading "Rebel Yell", a book about one of the all-time great Americans, Stonewall Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopps View Post
    I am reading How To Pray When You're Pissed at God by Ian Punnett.

So far, I find it generally much too kitschy, as I expected I probably would, given the author. It's a very short read. I should be done with it about 2018.

I shall post my full review.
    I used to know Ian Punnett way back in the day. He lived in the same Chiraq suburb that I did. I always thought he was a total goofball.

400 Things Cops Know.

This is one of those 400 things.
    Cops hate working the Fourth of July. It’s madcap. Even for experienced officers, it’s difficult to distinguish between certain types of fireworks and gunshots. You may think someone is opening up on your squad with a 9mm, but it turns out just to be a couple of kids with Roman candles. Or vice versa. Those who celebrate Independence Day by shooting guns in the air risk injury or death. Bullets don’t get stuck in clouds up there. They eventually drop, and do so at a velocity of about four hundred feet per second, fast enough to penetrate the human skull. If this kind of mishap occurs to the original firer of the shot, some cops like to call it “thinning the herd.”

The Six Fingers of Time, by R.A. Lafferty. The jews stole the copyrights of his complete works, many of which have not ever been published.

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/31663...-h/31663-h.htm

I've read this story ten times at least, and will read it a few times more as long as there's still life in me. It always has me floored afterwards, pondering how the God-damned jews get away with their thousands of years of thousands of scams, cursing and swearing revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySanchez View Post
    I used to know Ian Punnett way back in the day. He lived in the same Chiraq suburb that I did. I always thought he was a total goofball.
    I had an email exchange with Punnett several years ago about some darn thing -- smiley face murders, or something -- that grew rather negative, as I recall, and the reason I remember it is because I read recently about someone that had an email exchange with him that grew rather negative. I thought, "Yeah, him -- that's the guy". Ha ha. Great radio personality though. I really enjoy listening to him, though he hasn't been on the air for years do to issues with tinnitus, which I also "enjoy".

But in my humble opinion, he sums up in the first ten pages the entire book: It's okay to be angry at God and even curse, he says, because the Bible is full of prominent, very angry people who railed at God and even cursed Him, and most or all of them went on to become doers of good deeds and God's favorites, so to speak, Saints even. Bottom line: God gets it, it's all good.

I'm on course to finish the book sometime between 2022 and never. (It's like 190 pages.) I have a stack of books like that.

I am bad.
    Lingolution: noun. Term that refers to the intentional misuse and destruction of language and grammar consequent to the use of computers -- because it's fun.
    Obamalution: noun. Term that refers to the irreversible Haitianization and descent of sivowyzasheeon consequent to accomodating blacks as equals in civil society.
    Evilution: n. term given to the phenomenon that most people are just more comfortable in Hell.

Reading The Art of the Deal now. I wish I had done that in 1987. Until the summer of 2015 I assumed Donald Trump was a buffoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Trump
    People think I’m a gambler. I’ve never gambled in my life. To me, a gambler is someone who plays slot machines. I prefer to own slot machines.
    Hitler says something similar in his Table Talks.

By the way, the nickname "the Donald" is what Ivana Trump called him, but that was probably a mistake. Czech, like most or maybe every Slavic language, and Latin as well, doesn't have articles.

I read this just days ago.

After picking it up I couldn't put it down, it will probably be made into a film also.
    Have you noticed that if you rearrange the letters in ‘illegal immigrants’, and add just a few more letters, it spells, ‘Go home you free-loading, benefit-grabbing, resource-sucking, baby-making, non-English-speaking ********* and take those other hairy-faced, sandal-wearing, bomb-making, camel-riding, goat-f*****g raghead c***s with you.?

God, even the books Gerry reads are gay as fuck.
    God damn the continent of Europe. Rome is only a few years behind Tyre and Babylon. Raise the bars of immigration and permit only Scandinavians, Teutons, Anglo-Saxons and Celts to enter. France made me sick. Its silly pose as the thing the world has to save. I think it's a shame that England and America didn't let Germany conquer Europe. It's the only thing that would have saved the fleet of tottering old wrecks.

-Francis Scott Fitzgerald